Around the middle of the Avenone 300, Prato (Belprato) and Livemmo, already equipped with their own churches, agree to have a single parish and a church in which to perform community functions: the choice falls on the territory called Barbaine, at the intersection of the streets of the three villages, and in this way the foundation of the church is decided, which will also be endowed with legacies and rents to ensure its survival.
The church will be dedicated to Saint Andrew, brother of Saint Peter, this to underline his closeness to the parish considered a small Chair of Saint Peter and from her will depend the churches of the three countries.
As early as 1491, however, the rector of Barbaine prefers to take refuge in the church of Livemmo and in 1574 the church loses its ownership of the parish.
The decline is definitive in 1600 when the parish is suppressed, and there is a dismemberment in the parishes of Prato, Avenone, Livemmo. The activity of a single church, however, continues to the entire 700, while the 800 marks a period of abandonment ended in 1985 with the beginning of a campaign of restoration.
The current structure of the church is the result of numerous arrangements and modifications over the centuries. The materials used are local stones but also terracotta elements.
The facade is extremely simple has a small central oculus above a monolithic portal. There are interesting terracotta decorations in the cornice of the facade. The south side is then punctuated by some monophores splayed of clear Romanesque derivation.
The interior of the building looks like the typical one of the Lombard 400, with a single room body, without subdivisions in naves, whose walls were presented as entirely covered with frescoes. The interior space is marked by pointed arches. The apse is quadrangular in shape: between 600 and 700 was raised a cross cover was eliminated then in the 60s of the 900. Originally there were two altars dedicated to the Virgin and Saint Andrew.


  • località -Pertica Alta (BS)