The fountain of S. Giovanni (of San Zan) and the other fountain of the square contribute to giving this corner the appearance of a solidly fortified medieval village. Fountains and wash-houses are present in the different parts of the village of Bione and strongly characterise its appearance. During the course of history, especially before the water easily reached each house, they were in fact real meeting points for women from all over the area, who went there every day to wash their laundry. The San Zan fountain, located in the Pieve hamlet, is the oldest example. Recently restored, it dates back to 1400 and is protected by a portico, supported by columns.

LOCATION

  • località -Bione (BS)

PHOTO GALLERY