The church of San Giovanni Battista is in the centre of Capovalle and its construction dates back to 1724.
The structure is preceded by a portico connected to a building in front and the church has a facade composed of openings central units including a portal and an arched window, placed beyond the volume cover made adjacent to the front, while the corners are shaped towards the sides.
The interior has a single nave, with a vaulted barrel-vaulted roof, with windows only on the right side, and a choir for the organ, also on the right side.
The presbytery is raised and quadrangular and ends in a flat apse floor on which is set the large main altar.
Next to the church there are the vestry, some service rooms and the bell tower.

LOCATION

  • Capovalle (BS)