The parish church of Santa Maria Assunta, begun in 1743 on a project by the Venetian architect Giorgio Massari, and open to worship in 1760, is located in the center of Agnosine partially incorporated by the urban context.
The façade, designed by Rodolfo Vantini, later replaced by Luigi Donegani who made changes to it, was completed in 1835. The grand marble staircase, finished in 1857, designed by Luigi Basiletti is characterised by the statues of two lions, by Antonio Tantardini. The bell tower next to the church was built in 1931.
The interior of the Church, with a majestic architectural structure with a single-nave hut, has a large high altar, two lateral and four minor central ones, with splendid altar-pieces, valuable anunctions and cantories. In the early decades of the nineteenth century, part of the interior of the church was frescoed by various authors.
In the presbytery, raised and quadrangular, behind the high altar designed by Vantini, framed by a splendid marble apparatus of 1763 by Francesco Scalvi, designed by Domenico Carboni, we see the wooden statue of the Madonna del Coro. In the vault of the neoclassical temple, framed by fine stuccoes, we see frescoes from 1905 by Gaetano Cresseri.

LOCATION

  • località-Agnosine

CONTACTS